Tech-Spark’s end of year event by Ralph Attard an MCT and MCSE in Data Management and Analytics.
A technical presentation about running MS SQL Server 2017 on Linux. We will start off by using containers and proceed in looking at High Availability and Data Protection using Fail over clusters, Availability Groups, Pacemaker, read-scale, and cross-platform options.
Venue: Microsoft Innovation Centre, Skyparks, Luqa (Parking included)
Date: Tuesday, 11th December, starts 18:00
Booking: The event is free but registration is required
Parking: 3 hours vouchers will be provided.
Being the Christmas event, we will also treat you to some mulled wine and mince pies!
- Supported features & Linux differences
- Installing SQL Server on a Linux Container
- Accessing SMB 3.0 shared storage using Samba
- Setting up a Fail over Cluster using Pacemaker
- Setting up AlwaysOn Availability Groups using Pacemaker
- Authenticating to SQL Server using AD Authentication
- Setting up Read-Scale Cross-Platform Availability Groups