We’re proud to share details of our next Tech-Spark event titled ‘Build a Modern Web Application on AWS’ in collaboration with ICE Malta on Monday 28th of October 2019 at 6.00PM.
During the event, one of ICE Malta’s AWS Instructor Champions will give an impressive technical presentation followed by an engaging demo session where attendees will learn the tricks and techniques to build automated, operable and business-focused applications using Amazon’s stack.
- 5.30PM – Doors Open
- 6.00PM – Opening Keynote
- 6.15PM – Technical Session & Demo
- 7.45PM – Live Q&A
- 8.00PM – Networking & Nibbles
- 8.30PM – End
- Introduction to modern web application development.
- How Amazon moved from a monolithic to a service-oriented architecture, and a comparison of these architectures.
- Architectural patterns for the application – creating a catalogue of microservices and APIs and implementing an event-driven architecture.
- How serverless can help implement event-driven architecture.
- Choosing the level of operational load (from self-managed to serverless) at different operational levels. This includes a brief overview of services at the compute, database, storage, messaging and analytics layers.
- Overview of compute services, from more-to-less concern (EC2, ECS/EKS, AWS Fargate and AWS Lambda).
- Developing applications using the event-driven architecture with CI/CD.
- Demo: Deploying a serverless application using Route 53, API Gateway, Lambda and S3.
Who Should Attend
This session is recommended for System Administrators, System Architects and DevOps Engineers who would like to migrate existing applications, or create new architectures using a serverless architecture. Developers who need to create such applications will also be ideal candidates. Participants should have existing knowledge of setting up an infrastructure including database, server (bare-metal or VM) and APIs.
The Venue & Tickets
This event will be hosted at ICE Malta’s state-of-the-art conference room located just a few blocks down from the main learning space – location map. Free tickets may be secured here.
Event sponsored by ICE Malta.